CBD Oil Straight Talk | Information about CBD extracts
CBD oil is one of our most popular products, and customers have questions.
Informational, not intended for medical purposes or diagnosis
CBD OIL FACTS
Many companies advertise CBD oil and it is creating misconceptions and confusions. The JAMA study shockingly reveals nearly 70% of all CBD products online are mislabeled. Lucky for us, companies in legal marijuana states have access to the best sources to create CBD oil. Especially, compare to other states and countries where cannabis is illegal. The source of plants and extraction process play major factors of a CBD oil quality.
CBD Oil Straight Talk
Advocates recommend CBD from Marijuana CBD Oil because they have more resin content along with other secondary plant metabolites (other cannabinoids and terpenoids). This goes in conjunction with the whole plant medicine view and “entourage” effect.
Industrial Hemp vs High resin marijuana plant
There’s a difference between an industrial hemp plant and CBD-rich marijuana plant. There are 100+ cannabinoids, including THC and CBD that are produced from the cannabis plant. The full-spectrum of cannabis’ naturally occurring phytonutrients is part of a process called whole plant medicine.
Dispensary vs Online Retailer CBD OIL
- Hemp Oil can be advertised to seem like CBD oil creating confusion. (If you search for CBD oil on Amazon.com, you will get results on Hemp Oil for top results). Hemp Oil does not contain CBD or THC.
- Industrial hemp varieties are typically a low-resin agricultural crop, grown from pedigree seed, with about one hundred tall, skinny plants per square meter, machine harvested and manufactured into a multitude of products.
- “Recreational/Medical”, Marijuana plants are a high-resin horticultural crop, typically grown from asexually reproduced clones or seeds, 1 to 2 plants per square meter, hand-harvested, dried, trimmed and cured.
- Research has shown CBD influences the body to use more of its own natural cannabinoids to overcome different medical or psychological problems.
- Most patients are not well served by ‘CBD-only’ laws. They need access to a wide spectrum of whole plant cannabis remedies, not just low THC products.
- “Maximizing CBD-rich oil output for product formulation is the objective and the best plant sources are federally illegal because of a minuscule amount of THC”
You get what you pay for, but you better know what you paid for when you get it.
- Some companies, especially those selling at a ridiculously low price, use cheap methods when extracting CBD.
- To obtain CBD-rich extracts, you must extract it from the cannabis plant. There are a handful of methods.
- Most companies use cheap methods that involve nasty toxic solvents. Look out for oils extracted with propane, hexane, pentane, and butane. These flammable hydrocarbon gases exist in petroleum.
- Studies show whole plant extracts of CBD work better than CBD isolates.
- You see many “CBD isolates” or “purified CBD” online. Avoiding laws governing marijuana extracts, those companies ship it to more states that way. This is not for the medicinal values.
- Ethanol and/or supercritical and subcritical CO2 extraction offer preferred methods of extraction
- Heavily refined CBD paste derived from industrial hemp foliage presents poor starter material for formulating CBD-rich oil products
- Medical patients beware of vape pen oil that contains propylene glycol as a thinning agent. If overheated, then this chemical additive produces formaldehyde. That becomes a carcinogen as a byproduct